In this article, we are listing the Google tools that have had the greatest impact on my life and can have the greatest impact on yours too.
1) Google Search – Google is best known for its search engine. Billions of searches are done on Google every day. If you want to connect with people who are searching for an organization like yours, its important that you optimize your website for search. For more info, check out our Ultimate Guide to Church SEO, learn more about our church SEO and Christian SEO services, or complete the form below this blog post to request a free phone consultation.
2) Google Forms – We wrote previously in this series about how Google Forms are great for surveying your customers or congregation and they can be used for online sign-up forms.
3) Google Analytics – Google Analytics (GA) is great tool for learning more about your website visitors – how they ge to your website and what they do while they’re on your website. You can read more about GA in Where Are Your Website Visitors Coming From?
4) Gmail – Gmail is one of the most popular email services in the world, but did you know it can be used to send and receive branded email like [email protected] that look more professional and authoritative? Here’s how!
5) Google My Business – Google My Business listings contain the information Google shows on Google Maps and the “local 3 pack” in Google search results. A Google My Business listing is extremely important for local organizations. Learn How to Create, Claim and Verify Your Google My Business Listing
6) Google Docs – Google Docs is an online word processor that allows you to collaborate and share documents. It’s extremely handy for policies, procedures, and training. And it’ll even help you save a few trees: 7 Ways Your Website Can Help You #GoGreen
7) Google Reviews – Online reviews influence both people and search engines. If you want to improve your local search results and manage your reputation online, gaining and responding to Google Reviews are an important part of that. Learn more about Google Reviews.
8) YouTube – YouTube is owned by Google. It’s the largest video site on the web and the second largest search engine (after Google itself). Video can be used to advance your mission in so many ways from outreach and marketing, to telling the stories of what God is doing in people’s lives, to training and more.
9) Google Ad Grants – Did you know Google gives away millions of dollars of paid search ads every month to nonprofit organizations through its Google Ad Grants program?
10) Google Voice – Google Voice may be one of Google’s lesser known services, but that doesn’t make it any less useful. You can get a free phone number for your organization. That number can call and receive calls through the Google Voice website or forward to your cell phone. You can also text to and from your Google Voice number.
Bonus: Google Meet – Google Meet is Google’s virtual meeting tool. You can do video calls, share your desktop, and more with Google Meet.
I personally use every one of these tools and so does OurChurch.Com (except for Ad Grants). They have amplified our communication, helped us become tremendously more organized and helped us grow. They can help you do the same.