A lot of churches simply post their sermons, (or the entire worship service), to Facebook or YouTube and call it good. I don’t think it is good and here are six good reasons to do a promo of a future sermon or sermon series.
- It’s Easier than Ever. Today, you can produce and air your promo for free. Your TV studio is sitting in your pocket: your smartphone. And your TV station is social media, (as well as your church website).
- Promos Have a Better Chance of Being Seen. People who are swiping through social media aren’t likely to watch a 40-minute sermon – but they might watch an intriguing 30 or 60 second promo. Once they’re curious they’re much more likely to follow the link back to the entire message.
- Promos are Shareable. People will more readily share short things than long things on their social media feeds. Short is especially important on TikTok, one of the fastest growing video platform on earth.
- Promos Contain a Specific Call to Action. For example: Click here to learn more. Join a small group.
- Promos should link back to your website. Put your promo on social media yes, but the sermon it links to should be on your website. That way potential a visitor can learn more about your church: where it meets, service times, ministry programs, etc. The more they know about your congregation the more comfortable they will be to recommend you or visit in person.
- It Raises the Profile of your Church. When people are ready to visit a church they’re more likely to choose yours because they have seen your promo videos.
Keep in mind, this sermon promo video should be short, 30 to 60 seconds long. Research has shown that young adults trust video content that looks homemade. It’s perceived as being more “real.” Promos don’t have to be super professional, but they do have to be visually engaging so be sure to include some sort of visual if possible.
Since 2001, our expert staff has worked exclusively with churches and ministries around the world. We are more than a tech company. Let us serve you. We are available 7 days a week, even on Sundays. Email us at Support@StreamingChurch.tv or use live chat at the bottom right of your page.