By guest blogger, Paul Steinbrueck from OurChurch.com
Easter is one of the best times of the year for churches to connect with people in their community, and one of the best times of the year to help people deepen their relationship with God. So, our focus throughout the month of April is going to be on helping you prepare for Easter and then taking things to the next level after Easter.
Let’s start with your church website.
Because your website is the front door to your church, it is important to do these 5 things to your church website:
- Make sure that you have your Easter service times prominently displayed on your homepage. Even if your church isn’t changing service times for Easter services, it is important to have your “Easter Service Times” displayed near the top of your homepage.
- Include info/links to other Easter weekend activities. If your church is having an egg hunt, Easter brunch, or any other special activities, give special attention to those events on your homepage while linking to a calendar or event page that gives more details.
- Create a welcome message. Although this is a good idea for any time of the year, it is especially important at Easter when so many new visitors will be attending. It doesn’t need to be anything extensive but it should be good quality. The information included should just answer the question, “What should I expect if I attend your church?”
- Get rid of any outdated information. If you haven’t gotten around to the spring cleaning of your website (removing of old, outdated information), you should do it now. Nothing screams “Outdated Church” more than outdated events on your website.
- Volunteers needed. Because attendance will be higher than usual, you will likely need more volunteers. Give special attention on your website to the need for volunteers and link to a page that gives specifics on what serving opportunities are needed most and who to contact for each.
The bottom line is…
As you prepare your heart for Holy Week, don’t forget to prepare your church website as well.
Since 2001 our staff has worked exclusively with churches and ministries around the world. Let us serve you. We are available 7 days a week, even on Sundays. Email us at [email protected] or use live chat at the bottom right of your screen.