The holiday season can be so busy it’s difficult to get anything done, including coming up with a fresh Christmas Service for the year! Getting a head start in September can ease the anxiety. So don’t worry, Phil & Steve at StreamingChurch.tv has your ministry covered!
Check out the 10 Fresh Ideas for Your Chistmas Service below:
- Assemble a team of creative people. Don’t put this on one person, organize a team of like-minded people to make this happen and meet with them regularly.
- Be Outward focused Christmas can be an on-ramp to church. People show up to church at Christmas: The usual 18% average weekly church attendance balloons to 47%. This is an opportunity.
- Start early One Christmas planning effort started back in May (OK, that’s for a city-wide event that requires a lot more coordination, but still). It’s never too early to start.
- Use Effective channels Some of the popular ways to spread the word include invite cards, postcards, Facebook and—of course—word of mouth. Combine channels for the most impact: Ask your congregation to hand deliver postcards instead of doing a mass mailing.
- Discover what works on social media Anything that creates engagement. One church posted memorable/funny movie clips and had loads of comments. Try asking for favorite Christmas songs and curate a playlist. People love Christmas music—post quick, casual video of your band/choir doing Christmas songs.
- Share Advent Devotional thoughts post these on your website and social media and hand-outs.
- Set up a photo booth People love to get family pictures taken during the Holidays
- Empower your people Create graphics that your staff and congregation can share on social media. Make it easy for them to spread the word.
- Promote a Good Cause with Xmas use this time of the year to help out a local charity
- Have fun Yes, Christmas is a serious, somber holiday. Silent Night and all that. But it’s OK to be a little goofy.
Listen to the full podcast with details on these 10 ideas on iTunes or hit play below.